The Capodistrias Museum
The Capodistrias Museum is the only museum dedicated to the life, work and legacy of Count Ioannis Capodistrias, the great Corfiot diplomat, politician and first Governor of Greece. The Museum offers to its visitors a unique opportunity to become acquainted with the history of Corfu, 19th century Europe and Greece. The Museum is housed in the family’s rural estate in Koukouritsa, surrounded by a beautiful garden that offers the most amazing views.
Capodistrias Museum offers its visitors the opportunity to see:
- The country home of the Capodistrias Family
- Personal items of Ioannis Capodistrias, along with books, maps, etc.
- Honorary gifts given to the Governor, such as medals, religious icons, and items from his time in the Court of Czar Alexander I
- Works of art, furniture and household items of the Governor and his family
- The rich digital archive gathering evidence concerning Capodistrias’s life and work, by accessing historical documents from throughout Europe.